We are looking for a front-end or full-stack developer with impressive coding skills to join our collaborative, interdisciplinary team. You’ll be working closely with other developers, designers and producers as you create our next award winning application.
At WGBH, we get to build media and content rich applications for Emmy award winning programs like Masterpiece Theater’s Downton Abbey, Antiques Roadshow, and NOVA, and for wildly popular kid’s programming such as PBS Kid’s Curious George and Arthur. We build everything from web sites, to HTML5 games, blogs, video players, and just about anything else that can be built for the web.
• Write clean, performant code
• Participate in the analysis, design, and development of existing and new web properties
• Make informed recommendations on usage of appropriate libraries
• Follow design and product direction and specification
• Experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably with online media.
• 5+ years experience building for the web
• Deep understanding of progressive enhancement and accessibility in web development
• Experience with responsive design
• Experience with Django/Python
• Experience with MV* patterns and current libraries
• Comfort with git
• Experience building interactive online experiences or games
• History with online media and education
• A passion for the mission of public broadcasting
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Please visit the WGBH Job Board to apply for this role.